Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Craft Room and a Contest!

Hi Bloggers!
Today I thought I would share with you my craft room.  I have been working on it for some time now. I find that storage is my biggest challenge!  I purchased several 3-drawer plastic "cabinets" back when my only hobbies were sewing and jewelry-making.  But 2 years ago I began the addicting hobby of paper crafting, and everything had to change.
I purchased some additional storage bins, plastic boxes, and cardboard shoe boxes from Wal-Mart and Michael's, paper organizers from Archiver's, and some shelves from a garage sale.  Two rolling carts house my paints, inks, and embossing powders. Those came from Jo-Ann's.
When I found some book shelves on the "curb" after a family ended their garage sale, I hauled those home and they worked out great!  Some boxes from Michael's house fabric and boxes of beads.
Two desks completed the room, one from a used furniture store ($35) and one from a yard sale ($5).
I'm organizing my stamps by cataloging them in a notebook.  My friend Ann-Marie gave me that tip.
I'm telling you, these artsy-crafty hobbies are WORK!
Now the room is full of crafty goodness from jewelry beads to fabric to paper and stamps!  And I know where most of it is!  LOL!

Here are a few photos of my ALMOST finished craft room!
Unfortunately, I still have storage issues for many of my scrap booking supplies.
I would love any suggestions to help me organize my craft room!

*The person giving me the best suggestion wins a Polymer Hero Arts Stamp Set, worth $17.*
Just leave a comment at the end of this post and I will select a winner on Sunday March 11th, 2012
Various boxes and bins, cabinets and drawers help to organize my supplies.

Fabric, Stamps and Paper are stored on this shelf from a garage sale!

The paper organizers were purchased at Archiver's.  Each shelf is sold separately.

I placed the shelves against the walls, and put 2 desks in the center of the room.

This little table can be used for additional room while crafting.
(my desk is very cluttered right now!)

The desks are facing each other, so I can have a friend over for a crop night!

That is, if I can clean the desks off first!

These canisters from Michael's are great for buttons, chipboard pieces and inks.
Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to comment!  Winner will be announced Sunday!

NOTE:  To leave a comment simply click on the word "Comments" below.
It will open the comment form, and you can type in your comment.  Hit "Publish" and that's it!
It is a hot link so when you run your cursor over it, it will light up and you can click it and leave a comment!  Thanks!

Happy Crafting!
ReNae

12 comments:

ReNae Allen said...

Thank you for leaving your comment! Check back Sunday March 11 to see if you're a winner!

Catherine said...

I use a hanging clear plastic shoe bag to store my punches...I can see everything at a glance!

ReNae Allen said...

Catherine I love this idea! I have seen bags like this at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I'll get one and let you know how it works out!

ReNae Allen said...

AN EMAIL FROM DONNA WOOD:
Hi ReNae,
I could not figure out how to comment, but did want to say you have an awesome, bright and fun room. Also, you inspired me and I have shared samples with one friend, taught a 2 people class and shared the multicolred technique you taught with 2 other stampers.
I also shared the Tim Holtz tutorial and pictures from our stamp club night when you taught with 3 people.
Thank you again girlfriend!
Donna

Anonymous said...

ReNae,
One of my favorite things to do is to keep all my stamping magazines together by year in a plastic basket and nest them chronologically. When I get a new magazine, I grab a pen and 3X5 card making notes as I read cover to cover. The 3X5 has the magazine name, issue(April/May or Fall or whatever) and the year on the narrow end. I list in a column each note with the page number before it so it is easy to find the technique or card or point of interest on that page.(example=Good man card or fold technique/kids card, or blue/green theme) When finished, I keep the 3X5 IN that magazine and the magazine is on the top until the next issue. When the year is finished then I start a new basket. If memory doesn't serve, it is in writing for me to find quickly when searching for something specific or just an idea for kids card etc. I include all magazines of the same year if I get one that isn't in my subscription. You could also have duplicate 3X5's in a storage box, just to check for ideas, but it IS FUN to review the magazines when looking : _) Donna Wood

ReNae Allen said...

What a marvelous idea! I was just going through all my magazines last night! I tried to organize them, but I really don'w know at a glance what's inside each one. Your method solves that problem! Thank you for sharing this idea!

Patty O'Malley said...

Your room looks wonderful! Have you tried those magnetized spice rack container? You can hang then on the wall and free up some table top space.

ReNae Allen said...

Great Idea! I did purchase a spice rack at a garage sale last year...forgot I had it! I got it out and am going to hang it up!
It's going to be great for liquid inks and my Lumier paints! ~R

Catherine said...

Hi ReNae! It's Catherine again (remember me, from last month's Stamp Club at the Page? I was the first one to arrive and work on the heart!!! and we saw each other at the Archivers stamp sale!!)...
Anyway...Here's another suggestion vis a vis craft magazines. To save space, I started scanning articles I wanted to keep, then organizing them on my computer. Then I toss the article and the magazine. I organize by theme on the computer, so now all my scanned articles, say, on different stenciling techniques are in one folder. My main folders are: Card Ideas; Techniques; Free Scans (there are great ones you can download on the web); Containers (I make lots of little baskets, bags, etc to hold mini favors as gifts); Folds & Formats (like the diamond fold card); 3D cards, popups, mechanical cards; and Non Card project ideas. Within each of these folders I have other folders etc. I also add to these folders the many MANY ideas I download from the web or get via email like your blog, so all my info is in ONE place. Hope this helps. This hobby is an OBSESSION!
Smiles, Catherine

ReNae Allen said...

Wow Catherine, you are organized!
I appreciate your great ideas!
~R

toni said...

What fabulous craft room so well organized and lovely and light x thanks for joining my blog x

Cindy said...

I looks like your hard work has paid off. It looks great and now you know where everything is....

Congrats!!!