Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Last Doctor Visit for a Year! Whoo-hoo!


Hello Bloggers!
Well, the waiting is over!  I am happy to report I have been released as a patient for my recent knee surgery!  Today I took Amtrak to (and from) St. Louis and met with my surgeon, the one who performed my knee replacement RE-DO in July.
He said I have lots of new bony growth and that I can lose the walker, and start using a cane!  He also said I don't have to return to him for ONE YEAR!  I am so excited!
When I arrived at the station in Kirkwood, MO, my dear friend Rita was there to pick me up!  She did this in more ways than one!  Rita is a very positive and animated person, and always sees the glass full, not even half-full!  I love that about her!
We went to lunch at Pickleman's in downtown Kirkwood, then the doctor's appointment, and finally went to the Farmer's Market which is located right across the street from the train station.  
Rita is such a fun and lively person, and it was a lot of fun spending the day with her.
Here are some photos from today--I hope you enjoy them!
I'm super tired as this was a very long day, so I'll be back tomorrow with more ideas using Gelatos!

Rita & ReNae in Kirkwood, MO
and look!  NO WALKER!





Mums from Harvest Market, Kirkwood, MO
Lots from which to choose!
More than a pocket full of posies!
Purple Posies! These were just stunning!
Strategically placed pumpkins...

Bringing in more pumpkins 
Rita is outstanding in her field...


We are having a great time in Kirkwood!
It feels a lot like Halloween around here!
Harvest Market in Kirkwood, MO
Nothing says autumn like a basket full of corn! 
I hear that train a comin'- coming down that track...(see behind us)

Right on time!
Rita says "See ya later kid!"
No words to describe this one..
The train ride back to Kansas City was lovely!
Missouri River view near Hermann, MO taken from my window
So serene...
Day is done...
Meanwhile, back at the market Rita checks out her kumquats!
The colors were so bright!
These were unusual looking! 
Love the texture of these squash!

Well that's about it, one day in the life of a very happy EX-Patient!
Have a wonderful week, and Happy Creating!
ReNae

2 comments:

Burt and Linda said...

ReNae, what a delightful post! Your progress is wonderful, and seeing the pics of Rita and you is a real "upper."
Congratulations!
Linda

Patty O'Malley said...

Good news and a good friend equals a perfect day!